- development of the miniaturized AirCore system for accurate measurements of CO2, CH4, and CO, and validation of the AirCore observations against in situ aircraft measurements and/or the analysis results of other available air samples
- AirCore field campaigns to obtain profile measurements in Sodankylä, Finland, and in De Bilt, The Netherlands, and possibly in other places, and to analyze the air samples for isotopic compositions in CO2 and CH4
- assessment of the influences of potential biases in modeled stratospheric profile influences on flux estimates by models based on both ground-based and space-based retrievals
• a master degree in atmospheric science, (applied) physics or a related discipline
• excellent communication skills in oral and written English
• good practice in team working, and affinity with working in the field.
The preferred starting date is 1 March 2016.
You may apply for this position until 5 January 2016 / before 6 January 2016 Dutch local time by means of the application form.